Elmont Memorial High Valedictorian Accepted to All Eight Ivy League Universities
Wow, can you imagine what it would take to gain acceptance into all eight Ivy League Universities? Elmont Memorial High School Valedictorian Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna has a good idea, and so does her predecessor, Elmont’s 2015 Salutatorian Harold Ekeh.
Both students achieved the feat through hard work, perseverance, dedication and plenty of extracurricular activities — Harold calls it being “over-involved” — but also by simply being good people and model students.
Harold ultimately chose to attend Yale University, whereas Augusta is planning to visit and tour all of the schools this month before making a final decision on where she’ll attend.
News on Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna
News on Harold Ekeh
Here are just a few of the activities you’ll find on Augusta’s and Harold’s resumes:
- Straight A grades (101.64 weighted GPA for Augusta)
- Top-notch SAT scores (2270 out of 2400 for Harold)
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes
- Intel Science finalists
- Dance, singing and theater
- Editor-in-chief of school paper
- Creating study groups, such as Augusta’s “The Winning Team,” with about half-dozen members who meet before tests to study and review class materials.
They’re not the only students to get into all the Ivies over the past few years, though it is unusual to see two students from the same school achieve such an amazing accomplishment. In case you need a refresher, here’s the full list of Ivy League Schools where they were each accepted:
- Brown University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Dartmouth College
- Harvard University
- Princeton University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Yale University
If you were accepted to all eight Ivies where would you want to go, and how would you ever decide? Leave your comments below!