Acing the Test Day
Preparing before the SSAT is important, but make sure to prepare for the SSAT the day of the test as well. Below are my five best strategies for making the most out of test day:
- Get at least eight hours of sleep the night before; there is no substitute for a well-rested mind. Being well-rested will help you perform better on the test.
- Eat a healthy breakfast in the morning and keep hydrated with water. Sugary foods, such as donuts or candy, are not healthy and will make you feel sluggish during the test.
- Plan to arrive at the test site early. This will provide time to find out where the restrooms are located.
- Make sure you have your ticket, paperwork, and a few pencils ready the night before. You don’t want to be scrambling for those things in the morning.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Comfort is key; this is not the time to try out a new outfit
To learn more about the SSAT or register for the SSAT, visit SSAT.org.